Citadel Securities took to Twitter for the third time this week in an try and put out the raging hearth on social media. Tripling of their efforts to painting meme inventory buyers as conspiracy theorists, the corporate tweeted what it believes was proof it was unaware of Robinhood’s plans to maintain retail buyers out of shopping for. actions like GameStop and AMC.
– CokeRatCramer ⏻ (@CokeRatCramer) September 30, 2021
Here’s a transcript of the most recent tweets from Citadel Securities:
- Attorneys for the plaintiffs withheld the details from the court docket and the general public, prompting conspiracy theorists to supply baseless theories. (join)
- We first realized about Robinhood’s buying and selling restrictions by Twitter posts, as evidenced by real-time communications. (join)
- Our primary interviewer Robinhood should have requested Robinhood if the Twitter posts concerning the commerce restrictions have been “reality or fiction?” “(join)
Here is a transcript of the screenshot picture Citadel Securities tweeted from a dialog on January 28, 2021 between the corporate and Robinhood:
- 2021-01-28 08:32:58 AM EST (Citadel Securities L) Morning
- 2021-01-28 08:39:23 AM EST (Citadel Securities L) You noticed a tweet that you just solely reconcile with GME and AMC?
- 2021-01-28 08:39:32 AM EST (Citadel Securities L) Truth or fiction?
- 2021-01-28 08:42:48 AM EST (Robinhood Securities) Hey – that is proper, I used to be simply going to let you recognize. AMC, GME, NOK, BB, NAKD, KOSS, EXPR, BBBY all PCO
- 2021-01-28 08:43:01 AM EST (Citadel Securities L) These all heading in direction of the shut solely?
- 2021-01-28 08:43:10 AM EST (Robinhood Securities) At the moment sure
- 2021-01-28 08:43:13 AM EST (Citadel Securities L) Shares? Choices? Are you able to ship me the official discover
- 2021-01-28 08:43:25 AM EST (Robinhood Securities) Simply fairness for now
The corporate simply cannot cease tweeting. This current thread was additionally posted. It focuses fully on the $ 3 billion margin name that Robinhood acquired. Here’s a transcript:
- It’s clear that Robinhood has restricted buying and selling in response to a $ 3 billion margin name from NSCC. Quite a few paperwork, declarations and up to date communications verify this. (join)
- Here is the 5:11 a.m.ET e-mail on January 28 alerting Robinhood of the $ 3 billion margin name. (join)
- The Robinhood CEO has mentioned beneath oath that the $ 3 billion margin name “exceeds the quantity of Robinhood Securities’ internet fairness” and that this has led him to impose buying and selling restrictions. (join)
- Robinhood’s president and chief working officer submitted an affidavit in federal court docket that the commerce restrictions have been “a method to mitigate the sudden improve in NSCC submitting necessities.” (join)
- DTCC, the mother or father firm of NSCC, corroborated Robinhood’s statements concerning the margin name in a letter to Consultant McHenry. (join)
- Many different retail brokerage corporations have additionally positioned restrictions on buying and selling sure memes resulting from capital constraints, liquidity points, and different enterprise causes. (join)
- Throughout this risky time, Citadel Securities was the ONLY main market maker that executed purchase and promote orders for particular person buyers with out limitations. (join)
- This tweet contained a hyperlink to an article by The Wall Road Journal which was additionally launched in January 2021.
Citadel Securities has actually turn into fairly lively on Twitter after virtually eight months of no social media exercise. The corporate continues to bop round questions posed by buyers and is outwardly making an attempt to push targets off the subject of when Citadel was conscious of Robinhood’s plans concerning Robinhood’s personal margin name concern. Over the previous week, meme fairness buyers have been in a position to get #KenGriffinLied and #CitadelScandal trending on Twitter, as outrage continues to develop in opposition to the market maker and Robinhood’s therapy of consumers. Insulting is a fairly weak tactic, however it’s corresponding to that of these elitist Wall Road professionals just like the CEO and founding father of Citadel Securities, Ken Griffin.
As a market maker on the inventory alternate, Citadel Securities has already been effective for negotiating earlier than shoppers only a few years in the past, so it is not such an enormous leap of religion to imagine that this firm is probably not appearing in one of the best pursuits of small retail buyers. On the coronary heart of what occurred in late January 2021 is the truth that brokers and market makers labored collectively to stop the shopping for of shares. Citadel has repeatedly acknowledged that they proudly executed trades for 7.4 billion shares on January 27, 2021, however they conveniently omitted key info from that assertion. What shares have been traded? Who have been the counterparts? What proportion of the trades have been made to assist the shorts cowl?
It is fairly clear to the little man, the retail investor, that Wall Road has no again, however what occurred in January may have lasting unfavourable results on market confidence. Citadel Securities is clearly making an attempt to restrict the injury for some purpose, however aside from hand-picked info dumps and name-calling, what precisely have they mentioned to cease the onslaught of fairness investor tweets even in anger?
– jdubbs (@ jdubbs991) September 30, 2021
Preserve it locked on Shacknews for all the most recent info concerning the continuing GameStop brief squeeze and drip of statements from related market gamers like Citadel Securities and Robinhood.